Date menu entries choose the date that is the focus of the report or restrict events included in the output report to a certain date range.
Other date details are explained in the Date Details section.
Date Year Filter...
You can limit the events to a certain year range using the Date>Date Year Filter... dialog. Choose a start year and end year in the dialog.
Choose the date that is the focus of the report using the Date>Choose Date... dialog. The program defaults to the current date, but you may choose any date from January 1, 1900 to December 21, 2100. You can go back a day (Date>Previous Day or F3) or forward a day (Date>Next Day or F4).
The year you choose has no effect when the Report Date Range is set to Day. When the Report Date Range is set to Month, the year is important; the calendar will show the month that includes the selected date, and the calendar will reflect the day of the week on which the month started.
Changes the focus date to the day before the current focus date.
Changes the focus date to the day after the current focus date.
TMG has a very flexible date format, including support for partial dates. In case you were wondering:
- OTD ignores dates that include only a year.
- For dates that have a month segment, OTD shows the event on the first day of the month.
- For dates with a month and day segment, OTD shows the event on that day.
- For date calculations, OTD ignores the before, after, circa, say, from..to, and between indicators on the date: it uses the month and day segments of the date as described above.
- Events for February 29 are included when the current date is February 28 or February 29.
|1970||Event is ignored|
|after 1970||Event is ignored|
|Jan 1970||Event will be shown on January 1|
|before Jan 1970||Event will be shown on January 1|
|after Jan 1970||Event will be shown on January 1|
|1 Mar 1948||Event will be shown on March 1|
|before 1 Mar 1948||Event will be shown on March 1|
|after 1 mar 1958||Event will be shown on March 1|
When the day of the event may not be clear to the person reading the report, OTD includes the month and day in the date display. If the events are for a single date, it includes only the year unless the date is a before, after, circa, say, from..to, or between date.