This software is offered as DonorWare: you may use it for as long as you like. (It is subject to an End-User License Agreement) If you find it useful, I would like you to consider making a donation in my name to a cancer- related charity.
Every year since 1998, I have ridden in the Pan-Mass Challenge (PMC), a fundraising event to benefit the Jimmy Fund of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. It's a two-day, 192-mile bicycle ride where each rider agrees to raise a minimum of $2500 (US). Thousands of cyclists ride in the PMC; it's the single largest weekend fundraising event in the country! My wife, two daughters and I all ride in the PMC. Like almost everyone, we have lost friends and family to cancer and we want to do our part to help by raising money for cancer research.
With four people riding from the same family, we have to raise a minimum of $10,000 (US). If you value On This Day, and you want to support our efforts to fight cancer, please make a contribution in my name to the PMC/Jimmy Fund! You can contribute online, using the PMC's eGifts page, a SECURE online donation program. All you really need is my "eGift ID", which is JC0092, but I explain what to do in detail below. All gifts are tax deductible.
See the PMC web site to learn more about the PMC.
To Ann Labadini, Marie Cloherty, and Shelly Ford--we all miss you.
Step by Step - Making a Contribution to the PMC/Jimmy Fund
- Click on this link: eGift on behalf of John Cardinal
- Enter your name and address in the input boxes provided.
- Choose "Rider" from the How did you hear about the eGifts web Page pull-down menu.
- Enter your credit-card information in the input boxes.
- Enter a donation amount. I suggest a $15 to $25 donation, but of course, any gift--larger or smaller--will be greatly appreciated.
- Do not check the This Gift Will Be Matched checkbox, and do not enter a name in the Matching Company Name input box.
- Review your input. If you entered the data properly, click the Submit button.
In case you were wondering, riders do not benefit from any of the funds donated to the PMC/Jimmy Fund. We pay a $150 (US) entrance fee, which I believe is used to provide the support required during the ride, and we also guarantee, via a credit card, to raise a minimum of $2,500 (US) per rider. If we fail to reach the minimum, our credit cards are charged the difference. Don't worry--your credit card is not charged anything other than the amount you designate on the eGifts page.