On this page: Description, Step by Step
Exclude Citations by Source adds the exclusion marker to all the citations that reference a particular source. When the exclusion marker is present, the citation is not included in reports unless TMG's Show excluded citation option is enabled. The function will also remove the exclusion marker.
Use this function when you do not want to cite a particular source in reports but you do not want to delete the source citation, for example, when a "person source" does not want to be identified in published material.
Step by Step
- Choose Exclude Citations by Source from the function tree.
- Key the source number of the source whose citations you want to exclude or include in the Source Number: text box.
- Choose one of the following options.
- Exclude (turns citations off)
- Include (turns citations on)
- If you are excluding citations, you can also check the If Other Sources Cited checkbox which will only exclude the source if there are other sources cited for a given tag.
- Click the [Exclude Citations to Source] button. If the "Include" option is chosen, the button label is [Include Citations to Source].