This feature permanently deletes data. Use it with extreme caution. Backup your database before you begin. This feature is intended to be used with a backup copy of your dataset; there is no way to restore the dates in a project where the day and month have been removed.
Set Year Only Dates will remove the month and day from dates in the events of living people. You may want to use this feature if you are sharing information and you want to include partial dates rather than full dates for living people.
Events are selected via their tag type group, Birth Group, Death Group, etc.
Step by Step
- Choose Set Year Only Dates under Events in the function tree.
- Specify the tag type groups to process by checking one or more of the checkboxes.
- Click the [Set Year Only Dates] button.
TMG Utility will inspect all the events in the dataset. The month and day will be removed from the date for any event where:
- one or both principals is living (LIVING=Y or LIVING=?), and
- the tag type is in one of the selected tag type groups, and
- the date does not have a modifier like before, after, circa, etc.
Sort dates are not changed by the function.
This page last changed on 12 Feb 2006.