Change Event Type will change all instances of event type "a" to event type "b". For example, you can use it to change all "Note" events to "Event-Misc" events, or all "Christenings" to "Baptisms".
TMG Utility displays the list of roles defined for both the "from" and "to" event types, but Change Event Type does not validate roles as it changes the type of the event. It is a good idea to use the Show Role Usage feature to determine if there will be invalid roles assigned if you change events from one type to another.
Step by Step
- Choose Change Event Type from the function tree.
- Choose the events you would like to change from the From event type: pull-down menu.
- Choose the new event type from the To event type: pull-down menu.
- Set the Flag Filter, if desired. TMG Utility will only change the event type if the principals pass the filter.
- Click the [Change Event Type] button.
This page last changed on 11 Feb 2006.