- If you use the "Change Event Types" feature to change an event type, and the change results in events moving from one event group to another, you should use TMG's File > Maintenance > Repair command after you restart TMG and open the database.
- If you are not using the standard ASCII index sequence (
File > Preferences > Current Project Options > Other > Collate Sequence: General), the program displays the following error message:
Not a Correct Index File
unsupported collating sequence
The software package that I use to access the database does not support all the collating sequences used by international users. There is a workaround, however, and that is to temporarily switch the indexes back to General.
The program does support international characters as part of the normal operation of its re-capitalization features, etc.
- When using the Export Images feature, TMG Utility may crash after you click the [Choose Folder...] button. If so, please enter the path to the desired folder in the textbox beneath the button.
Windows XP or prior
- When installing on Windows XP or prior you should be logged on as an Administrator of the machine.
- After installing TMG Utility on Windows XP or prior you should delete the file "tmgu.exe.manifest" from the program folder. The default program folder is "c:\Program Files\TMG Utility".
Some issues are related to the installation process. See the Known Install Problems section on the Installation page.
This page last changed on 01 Feb 2016.